Get Started With a Custom Program
The dentists at Arta Dental offer patients professional take-home teeth whitening kits that provide excellent results in 1 to 2 weeks of prescribed use.
The cost of take-home whitening is considerably lower than in-office whitening.
The Procedure for Obtaining a Take-Home Whitening Kit
The typical procedure followed in the dental office to obtain an in-home teeth whitening kit would be:
- Impressions are taken of your upper and lower teeth and sent to the dental laboratory to make your trays. This process normally takes 1 to 2 weeks for the dental lab to make the trays.
- The initial shade of your teeth is recorded in your dental chart for comparison when whitening has been completed.
- An appointment will be made to show you how to dispense the teeth whitening solution in the trays and give you detailed instructions to follow.
- Take-home teeth whitening is typically used one hour a day for two weeks, and can be used for touch-up applications thereafter.
- A follow-up appointment is made to track your results and determine the final shade of your teeth.
Certain brands may be worn overnight for your convenience. Always brush and floss your teeth before placing the trays in your mouth, and avoid eating, drinking, or smoking while wearing the trays and for approximately 30 minutes after teeth whitening.