Get Started With a Custom Program
Holistic Dental Care with General Dentistry
Dental care is considered one of the most important aspects in maintaining your overall heath. However, the American Dental Association (ADA) says over 60% of the population don’t have proper dental care. Indeed, the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) says over 75% of all adult periodontal disease cases are carried over from early years. This can be easily changed, simply by consulting with your dental professional. These experts are the primary dental care professionals who can provide invaluable services to your entire family.
How can general dentistry guarantee your family’s perfect dental health?
Here are some ideas:
- Diagnosis: Most dental problems are ignored until it is too late. Through regular appointments with your dentists, it is easy to diagnose underlying problems before they exacerbate. Minor problems can worsen in adulthood, leading to debilitating cases of cancer and other gum diseases.
- Treatment: While most people will take a pain killer to relive a toothache, this could be a case of hiding your head in the sand. Dental pain is usually an indicator of a bigger problem and when you visit your general dentists, the problem will be treated to avert future complications.
- Dental care consultation: It is very important to inculcate a culture of intense dental care in your family. If you have children, make sure you take them for regular dental care inspections, right from their early years. The dental care information they get will come in handy in future. You can also benefit immensely from such consultation in caring for your own teeth.
- Preventive care: Most dental problems arise due to poor oral hygiene. General dentistry is all about ensuring oral health maintenance to avoid future problems. For instance dental implants can help prevent gum disease by replacing missing teeth. This prevents exposure of your gum, which in turn averts dental diseases.
- Professional dental procedures: Your dentist provides specialized treatment using the latest technology in dental care. Such procedures include root canal treatment, sealants, teeth cleaning, TMD/TMJ therapy, tooth extraction, dentures, wisdom teeth removal, and cosmetic procedures among many others.
- Emergency dentistry: Dental problems are not only painful, but also very inconvenient. It is important to get immediate medical attention, which calls for emergency dental services. Many general dentists offer after hour services and some are also available during weekends.
Well, if you don’t have a dentists phone number on quick dial, it is time to identify a reliable one in your city. These professionals have the experience and medical technology to solve any dental problem you might have. They are duly recognized by the American Dental Association (ADA). If you are looking for a specialized dental treatment plan, make sure you take your time to identify a reliable dentist such as Dr. Siew here at ARTA Dental.